i’ve decided to write another brief spring flower post, partially because flower pictures can usually speak for themselves and don’t need a lengthy explanation and partially because i have so many things to write about and i just can’t decide where to start. so, i just picked something simple and lovely to start with.
this means you can expect some other posts coming soon about the many things we’ve been doing here on the homestead, like:
- planting our spring vegetable crops in trays and in open beds
- planting our 50-ish fruit trees and bushes
- clearing out some of our wooded area around the corn crib, barn, and yard for planting and to expand our work/activity space
- cleaning a bunch of trash out of the woods, and finding some useful junk (love me some useful junk!)
- skunk sightings
- snake and salamander encounters
- finding a soft-shelled egg
- altering a wedding dress
for now, though, i would just like to share more lovely flowers that are coming out for a visit. most of these flowers/trees/bushes started blooming last week or the week before.
and these are perhaps the sweetest smelling flowers ever! jason got this meyers lemon from his workplace. it is exciting to see it blooming since that means we’ll see some baby lemons arriving soon (fingers crossed!).